In our school/playroom I have created spaces that will help us “do school” more easily. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t do 100% of our “school” in this room but its nice to have have a space to store these items.
In the corner where I’ve set up their preschool table, I have our “school corner”. This is where we are doing morning routine which includes:
- Chores and rewarding “smilies” for those completed
- Daily routine chart. We talk about what can be expected that day. They may also come look at this first thing in the morning if they can’t remember what they should be doing before school starts.
- Calendar wall. Here we talk about the month, date, year, day of the week, weather, season, telling time with clocks
- This table is also were we do most of our paper school work with coloring, handwriting, workbooks, etc.
- On the other side of the room where our wall of shelves are, we have our library and other supplies organized among the other toys.
To see the rest of the school/playroom organization, read THIS post.